First Run
fr1.jpg
fr4.jpg
Here is the engine back in it's home. The install went smoothly with the only big headaches being the motor mounts and the exhaust bolts. I used the pictures I shot during the dissambly many times even scanning them and blowing them up on the computer to pick out details of where or how something went

fr3.jpg
fr3.jpg
Along with the cleaning and repaint of the motor compartment went detailing everything that went back in or on the motor itself. We had the radiator recored and had the shop add an extra row for more cooling along with rebuilding the water pump, alternator and starter. It is much easier & cheaper to do it now than 100 miles from nowhere on the side of some road.

fr2.jpg
fr2.jpg
The first drive went smoothly with the 383 behaving itself and the tranny shifting smoothly. We had replaced the brake system from top to bottom as well as the fuel system & tank so we did not anticipate any problems in those areas.

fr1.jpg
fr1.jpg
The 25 year old bias-ply tires made the first few runs interesting to say the least but a new set of BFG T/A raidals were on the way to smooth out the ride. The Runner seemed to be very happy to be putting down tracks again, now if we can just find that darn Coyote.