Engine Compartment
ec1.jpg
ec1.jpg
With the greasy slug out of the way we surveyed the cave and found it pretty clean. The only rust was a little spot behind the passenger hinge and that will get patched. Other than that just a lot of cleaning and sanding are on the agenda.

ec2.jpg
ec2.jpg
We took a lot of pictures documenting the details of the engine compartment so when it comes time to put it all back we are covered.

ec3.jpg
ec3.jpg
The really cool part of this car is the level of preservation it has. None of the original brackets or parts have been removed or altered on of the car.

ec5.jpg
ec5.jpg
A large chalked number 97 was on the k frame. Not quite sure what it meant but we will duplicate it after it has been painted.

ec4.jpg
ec4.jpg
Time to start pulling everything out and get to scrubbing. We used Scrubbing Bubble bathroom cleaner for the dirt and a gallon of mineral spirits with a brush for the grease. After it was sanitized and smelling minty fresh, we then scuffed the painted surfaces with a Scotch Brite pad and used Grease & Wax remover to prep the surface for primer. Time to mask off everything that is staying and hit it with some primer.

ec10.jpg
ec10.jpg
This is after the first coat of primer. We used the PPG epoxy primer for the base coat as it will adhere to just about anything and gives us great base for the sanding primer.


Page:   1  2 
[ Prev ]      [ Next ]